Course Description and Intended Audience
Advances in Diagnostic Radiology is a postgraduate course designed to update the diagnostic radiologist in new trends, relevant techniques, and advanced applications in diagnostic imaging. The latest advances are emphasized and related to common problems encountered in clinical practice. A variety of didactic lectures will enhance learning. All faculty members are in practice at Mayo Clinic and draw from personal research activities as well as clinical experience at Mayo Clinic.
This enduring material is a recording of the Advances in Diagnostic Radiology course (October 13-16, 2014) in streaming video and pdf format. Physician participation in this activity consists of reviewing the videos and completing the evaluation and exam. It is estimated that this activity will take 16.75 viewing hours to complete.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate indications for cardiac CT and MR
- Examine ultrasounds use in the complicated gallbladder
- Assess imaging modalities for screening of the dense breast
- Demonstrate the role of MR imaging in musculoskeletal complications of diabetes
- Identify pearls and pitfalls of bone tumor imaging
Participation in this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
- Screening Mammography: Past, Present and Future
- The Dense Breast Screening Dilemma
- I-125 Seed Localization
- Infiltrating Lobular Carcinoma: Tips for Detecting the Invisible Tumor
- Tomosynthesis in Practice
- Breast Imaging Diagnostic Dilemmas
- Radiation Risk Refresher
- DCIS: Initial Detection and Assessment of Extent of Disease
- MR imaging of Athletic Foot Injuries
- Imaging of Soft Tissue Tumors: Tissue Characterization with MRI
- MR Imaging of the Musculoskeletal Complications of Diabetes
- Tumor Imaging: Post Treatment
- MR Imaging of Chest Wall Injuries
- Imaging of Bone Tumors: Pearls and Pitfalls
- MSK Biopsy: Fundamental Concepts
- MSK Biopsy: Useful Techniques
Thoracic Imaging | Abdominal Imaging
- Approach to Interstitial Lung Disease
- Pattern Approach to Mediastinal Masses
- MRI of the Uterus, Cervix and Vagina: Benign Lesion
- Around and Around: Blood Pool MR Contrast Agents
- Ultrasound of the Complicated Gallbladder
- Renal Artery Doppler
- Just Say No(rmal): Ultrasound Findings in the Uterus that Simulate Disease
- Pitfalls in the Ultrasound Evaluation of the Adnexa
Cardiac Imaging | Vascular Imaging
- Cardiac CT vs MRI - Which Test for Which Indication?
- Masses and Mimics: Cases in Cardiac CT and MRI
- Pulmonary Vein Imaging with CT and MRI
- CTA Findings: Complications of Surgical and Endovascular Aortic Repair
- Vascular Alphabet Soup: CTA Findings in FMD, SCAD, SAM, MAL and PAN
- CT Evaluation of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- CT Vascular Imaging of the Hands, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
- MR Angiography and Venography of the Extremities
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science designates this enduring material for a maximum of 16.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This enduring material activity meets the criteria for self-assessment toward the purpose of fulfilling requirements in the ABR Maintenance of Certification program.
This activity includes 4 Breast, 5 CT, 4.5 MR, 2.75 US, and .5 General Radiology credits.
CME credit is obtained upon successful completion of a post-course quiz and program evaluation. The quiz must be successfully passed with 80% or higher within two attempts.
Other Health Care Professionals
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other health care professionals for requesting credits in accordance with state nursing boards, specialty societies, or other professional associations.
Date of Original Release: February 26, 2015
Last Date of Sale: January 26, 2018
Credit Must be Claimed by: February 26, 2018
Duration/Completion Time: 16.75 hours
Mayo Clinic Course Faculty
Jerome F. Breen, M.D.
Mellena D. Bridges, M.D.
Amy L. Conners, M.D.
Nirvikar Dahiya, M.D.
Patrick W. Eiken, M.D.
Tara L. Henrichsen, M.D.
Mark J. Kransdorf, M.D.
Robert W. Maxwell, M.D.
Michelle D. McDonough, M.D.
Patricia J. Mergo, M.D.
Maitray D. Patel, M.D.
Terri J. Vrtiska, M.D.
Doris E. Wenger, M.D.
Daniel E. Wessell, M.D., Ph.D.
Eric E. Williamson, M.D.
As a provider accredited by ACCME, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development) must ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in its educational activities. Course director(s), planning committee, faculty, and all others who are in a position to control the content of this educational activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest related to the subject matter of the educational activity. Safeguards against commercial bias have been put in place. Faculty also will disclose any off-label and/or investigational use of pharmaceuticals or instruments discussed in their presentation. Disclosure of this information will be published in course materials so those participants in the activity may formulate their own judgments regarding the presentation.
National Physician Payment Transparency Program
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine complies with the requirements of the National Physician Payment Transparency Program OPEN PAYMENTS (Physician Payments Sunshine Act).
Registration Fee: $840
Each online video purchase includes:
- Downloadable comprehensive course syllabus
- Online post-course quiz and program evaluation
- AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for one person
- May be viewed at any time from any device (with streaming video capabilities)
View Streaming Videos and Download Course Materials - Videos are viewable from your dashboard while signed into your Radiology CME account. Upon finalizing your order, you will receive a confirmation email with complete instructions on viewing videos, downloading course materials, and completing the post-course quiz and evaluation to request credit.
For additional information, contact:
Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology
Continuing Medical Education Office
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905
Phone: 866-246-1581 (toll free) or 507-284-3317