Ultrasound Research Center Hybrid Symposium
October 9th, 2021
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2021 Ultrasound Research Center Symposium Abstract Submission Instructions and Evaluation Criteria
Participants of the Ultrasound Research Center Symposium are invited to submit abstracts based on ultrasound imaging or other ultrasound-based applications for oral and poster presentations. Goals of the poster presentations are to educate and inform about research innovations, share ideas and interest, and network with other participants. Previously presented materials are accepted. Posters of accepted abstracts will be displayed for viewing throughout the course.
- Types of abstracts accepted include: original scientific research, educational exhibits, case reports, and cases series relating to ultrasound imaging or other ultrasound-based applications
- Original Scientific Research
- Abstract proposals can be submitted in paragraph form and should include an abbreviated version of the content to be presented. This could include condensed information on purpose/objectives, methods/ materials, results and conclusions.
- Educational Exhibits
- Exhibits on a clinical aspect of ultrasound imaging or other ultrasound-based applications education.
- Topics may be wide ranging and may include issues such as image interpretation, procedure technique, non-interpretative clinical skills, educational techniques, and imaging economics. Educational exhibits may include case series or pictorial essays demonstrating particular imaging features or clinical or educational concepts.
- Abstract proposals can be submitted in paragraph form and should include an abbreviated version of the final poster/content. This could include condensed information on purpose/objectives, methods/materials, results and conclusions.
- Case Reports/Case Series
- Abstract should include a short summary of the case(s) and three teaching points. Cases with multiple imaging modalities are encouraged.
- Original Scientific Research
- Abstract submissions are limited to a one-page, single-spaced Word document with font no smaller than 11 point.
- Inclusion of tables and images is acceptable, but must be within the one-page abstract document.
- The title should be at the top of the abstract in bold font followed by a complete list of authors including relevant degrees, department, and medical institution. Please identify the presenting author(s) with an asterisk (*).
Printed Poster Guidelines:
- For abstracts selected as poster presentations, posters should be printed through Media Support Services. The poster size will be 48” x 35”. These posters will be displayed on poster display boards in the meeting pre-function space. The small size will necessitate focused discussion.
Submission Deadline and Instructions:
Abstract submissions are due by September 11, 2021, and can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection and Notification:
A review committee will evaluate poster abstracts based on the following criteria: scientific content, novelty, writing quality, and overall scientific merit. Notification of poster acceptance will be made via email by September 17, 2021. Additional information will also be sent at this time including information on how to print posters.
For abstracts selected as poster presentations, registration is free. All presenters are still required to register for the meeting but will be given a special registration code that identifies your intended scholarship amount. Mayo Clinic will not provide reimbursement for travel or lodging for presenters or attendees.
Questions: Any questions regarding abstract submissions can be directed to the Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology CME Office at 866-246-1581 or email@example.com.