Mayo Clinic Advanced Body MRI 2020
October 26th - October 30th, 2020
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort, Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Course Description and Intended Audience
Mayo Clinic Advanced Body MRI is intended to give radiologists the opportunity to expand their knowledge about Body MRI. The course will highlight state of the art MR techniques for musculoskeletal, abdominal, cardiovascular, and breast imaging, and include updates on some related topics such as PET-MRI, abdominal MRI protocols, cardiac MRI, and MR guided intervention for the prostate. The course is intended to be practical rather than theoretical in nature, and the faculty is composed mostly of practicing radiologists.
On completing the course, attendees should feel more comfortable implementing and interpreting some of these techniques in their practice. The course would be ideal for those looking to expand or offer new clinical MRI services or improve confidence in diagnosis with some of the newer MRI techniques and pulse sequences.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify advanced Cardiovascular MRI Techniques
- Compare the differences and similarities between an MRI of Ischemic and Nonischemic Heart Disease
- Examine technical updates as well as new sequences and approaches on Body MRI
- Review MRI safety techniques and guidelines
- Analyze MRI of female pelvic pain and masses
- Review MRI in patients with implanted devices
- Examine challenging prostate MRI cases
- Discuss the role of MRI in Sports Medicine
- Examine MRI in the presence of metal
- Evaluate Breast MRI with correlative imaging for problem solving
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Want to learn more about the event?
Course Date and Location
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Convenient Online, Interactive Videos Format
Earn 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
Download our Course Catalog!