Course Description and Intended Audience
Mayo Clinic Advanced Body MRI is intended to give radiologists the opportunity to expand their knowledge about Body MRI. The course will highlight state of the art MR techniques for musculoskeletal, abdominal, cardiovascular, and breast imaging, and include updates on some related topics such as PET-MRI, abdominal MRI protocols, cardiac MRI, and MR guided intervention for the prostate. The course is intended to be practical rather than theoretical in nature, and the faculty is composed mostly of practicing radiologists.
On completing the course, attendees should feel more comfortable implementing and interpreting some of these techniques in their practice. The course would be ideal for those looking to expand or offer new clinical MRI services or improve confidence in diagnosis with some of the newer MRI techniques and pulse sequences.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Compare the basics and the latest of Abdominal MRI Protocols
- Analyze MRI in Patients with Implanted Devices
- Review MRI Guided Intervention
- Identify Common MR Artifacts – and How to Fix Them
- Apply MRI Imaging in the Presence of Metal
- Demonstrate screening in Breast MRI
- Review the basics of Cardiac MR
Want to learn more about the event?
Course Date and Location
Attendance at this Mayo course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.