Mayo Clinic Women's Imaging Review Course 2021
December 6th - December 10th, 2021
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples, Naples, Florida
Participants of the Mayo Clinic Women’s Imaging Review Course are invited to submit abstracts based on breast or gynecological imaging for poster presentations. Goals of the poster presentations are to educate and inform about research innovations, share ideas and interest, and network with other participants. Previously presented materials are accepted. Posters of accepted abstracts will be displayed for viewing throughout the course.
- Types of abstracts accepted include: original scientific research, educational exhibits, case reports, cases series, and quality improvement projects relating to women’s imaging (breast and gynecological)
- Original Scientific Research
- Abstract proposals can be submitted in paragraph form and should include an abbreviated version of the final poster/content. This could include condensed information on purpose/objectives, methods/ materials, results and conclusions.
- Educational Exhibits
- Exhibits on a clinical aspect of breast/gynecological imaging or breast/gynecological imaging education.
- Topics may be wide ranging and may include issues such as image interpretation, procedure technique, non-interpretative clinical skills, educational techniques, and imaging economics. Educational exhibits may include case series or pictorial essays demonstrating particular imaging features or clinical or educational concepts.
- Abstracts proposals can be submitted in paragraph form and should include an abbreviated version of the final poster/content. This could include condensed information on purpose/objectives, methods/ materials, results and conclusions.
- Case Reports/Case Series
- Abstract should include a short summary of the case(s) and three teaching points. Cases with multiple imaging modalities are encouraged.
- Original Scientific Research
- Abstract submissions are limited to 400 words, excluding title, author, and institution information and should be submitted as a one-page, single-spaced Word document.
- Inclusion of tables and images is acceptable, but must be within the one-page abstract document.
- The title should be at the top of the abstract in bold font followed by a complete list of authors including relevant degrees, department, and medical institution. Please identify the presenting author(s) with an asterisk (*).
Paper Poster Guidelines:
- For abstracts selected as poster presentations, posters will be printed on approximately 2 x 3 foot foam boards and displayed on easels in the meeting pre-function space. The small size will necessitate focused discussion.
Submission Deadline and Instructions:
Abstract submissions are due by November 1, 2021, and can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection, Notification, and Scholarship:
A review committee will evaluate poster abstracts based on the following criteria: scientific content, novelty, writing quality, and overall scientific merit. Notification of poster acceptance will be made via email by November 9, 2021. Additional information will also be sent at this time including information on how to print posters.
For abstracts selected as poster presentations, scholarship will be offered to help with the course registration fee. Internal, accepted, Mayo Clinic submissions will be given $195 in scholarship. External, accepted, submissions will be given $995 in scholarship. All presenters are still required to register for the meeting but will be given a special registration code that identifies your intended scholarship amount. Mayo Clinic will not provide reimbursement for travel or lodging for presenters.
Any questions regarding abstract submissions can be directed to the Mayo Clinic Department of Radiology CME Office at 866-246-1581 or email@example.com.