Course Description and Intended Audience
Mayo Clinic Radiation Oncology: Current Practice and Future Direction is intended to provide balanced and multidisciplinary discussion of contemporary cancer treatment using didactic lectures, panel discussions, and poster sessions. The course will cover several specific clinical areas including Breast, Prostate, and CNS cancers as well as Lymphoma and Sarcomas. The course will also address several important advances in the field, such as the use of hypofractionation, integration of surgery, new chemotherapies including immunotherapy and their integration into clinical practice.
This course is designed for radiation oncologists, radiation oncology residents, radiation biologists, radiation physicists, dosimetrists, oncologists working in related specialties, radiation therapists, radiation oncology nurses, oncologic surgeons, radiation oncology administrators, diagnostic radiologists, and all other health professionals involved in the field of radiation oncology.
Course Learning Objectives
- Discuss the planning techniques for Lung SBRT for Metastases
- Identify new chemotherapy options for NSCLC
- Explain updated radiation for Thymoma treatments
- Determine the role of PCI in 2019
- Discuss the evolving role of RT for Pancreas CA
- Identify the target delineation for GI tumors
- Examine ablation and RT for liver tumors
- Discuss radiotherapy treatment for bile duct, gastric, and anal cancer
- Examine radiotherapy and surgical management for esophageal cancer
- Review MRI Staging, modern radiotherapy, and non-operative management of rectal cancer
- Explain surgical staging of and radiotherapy target delineation for cervical cancer
Want to learn more about the event?
Course Date and Location
January 7-11, 2019
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa
1571 Poipu Road
Koloa, Kauai, Hawaii 96756
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.
Future Course Dates and Location
January 6-10, 2020
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Kohala Coast, Hawaii