Course Description and Intended Audience
The Mayo Clinic Women's Imaging Review Course is a postgraduate medical course that will provide practicing radiologists and radiologists-in-training with current information on the imaging diagnosis and management of breast and gynecologic disease. The didactic component of the course will focus on standard practices and core knowledge of imaging interpretation, while emphasizing emerging techniques and current controversies in breast and pelvic imaging. A multidisciplinary approach will be utilized, with speakers from breast and gynecologic surgery, as well as discussion of breast pathology and breast imaging legal topics.
Course Learning Objectives
Upon conclusion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Interpret a broad range of imaging findings and determine the management of benign and malignant gynecological disorders
- Describe the technical skills for optimized MRI and US protocols for specific gynecological conditions
- Discuss gynecologic cancer staging and the impact on patient management
- Manage challenging diagnostic breast MRI cases
- Apply of the molecular subtypes of breast cancer to image interpretation and interactions with referring providers
- Apply problem solving skills to tomosynthesis clinical case interpretation
Want to learn more about the event?
Course Date and Location
December 10-13, 2018
JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort
400 South Collier Boulevard
Marco Island, Florida
Attendance at this Mayo Clinic course does not indicate nor guarantee competence or proficiency in the performance of any procedures which may be discussed or taught in this course.